Tuesday, April 19, 2011

New Staff

Last night was the annual all-staff meeting for all RAs for the 2011-2012 academic year. Last night I got to cook dinner for the 2011-2012 Allen Hall Staff. I got a lot more emotional about not being a part of the new Office of Residence Life Team than I thought I was going to! It was weird to not have a staff to sit with, get to know and learn about the new dynamic. I hope that some of the wonderful people I have had the chance to work with this year continue to be positive role models and can look to the example I left. Today is also the day of the Gold Axe banquet which I am so lucky to be receiving! It is an award given out by the President's office to "outstanding seniors", but really it is just nice to know that I have had the opportunity to leave a legacy behind!

It helped a lot to know next year I will get to be the Grad Hall Coordinator at Texas Tech! It's that time of year though when nostalgia is going to be waiting at every corner. I am already a very nostalgic person... Clearly I'm "blogging".  I'll need to be very intentional in avoiding nostalgia, and it will help that I have graduation coming soon, and I'll be working as the Assistant Conference Coordinator at Sacramento State this summer, and then moving to Lubbock the weekend of July 14th!

No comments: