Sunday, December 18, 2011

An end of a beginning, new ends, and new beginnings

Dear Best Friend,

Another semester of school has come and gone. It was a pretty quick semester and I can't believe grad school is a quarter done already. It seems like just a few weeks ago I was landing in Lubbock and getting picked up by people I hardly knew. So much has happened since I've been here; I've bought a car, started a new job, and made some lifelong friends. It hasn't all been easy - it's been a long time since I've seen my family. Even though I am used to not seeing them often it is still tolling to only see them once a year. On a positive note I will see them tomorrow and today is my opportunity to reflect on this beginning thats coming to an end.

I wonder how much I have truly learned this semester. A ton. How many more questions do I have though.... So many. I know more of who I want to be, who I want to surround myself with, but not really any more of what I want to do with this crazy thing we call life. I love my current line of work, and can see myself in this field for a while, but probably not forever. I think eventually I will tire of living in a "dorm". Working with students is extremely rewarding and that is what I would like to do... Maybe some day I would like to teach.

One thing I am so excited for break is to start re-reading all the Harry Potter books and start taking notes on them for a paper some friends and I are going to write. These two people have been so great to have here. They have helped me so much more then they know and mean so much to me. I am extremely lucky to have them in my life and to call them my greatest friends.

Tomorrow is the day I get to see my beautiful brothers and mom, but today I get to enjoy now.

No comments: